Careers at CDC
HHS (including CDC) ranked 5th in Best Places to Work in the Federal Government 2016! Learn more.
As part of the leading national public health protection agency in the United States, you will play a key role in helping to protect the world from the threat of deadly diseases such as HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis. It’s an immense responsibility, and your expertise, whether scientific or nonscientific, will help us carry out this vital mission.
The goal of CDC is to employ a workforce as diverse as the world itself. We promote an environment that embraces the differences between us and strengthens the bonds formed by our similarities.
The Pathways Program for students and college graduates can be your ticket to a rewarding public health career with the CDC. Learn more about career pathways at CDC.
Looking for a Career with Purpose?
You’ll find it here. CDC is the nation's public health protection agency, working 24/7 to protect America from health and safety threats, both foreign and domestic.
CDC is the nation’s health protection agency, working 24/7 to protect America from health and safety threats, both foreign and domestic. CDC increases the health security of our nation.
The CDC recently held the Zika Action Plan Summit which brought together leaders to discuss what can be done to improve preparedness for Zika.
Find out details about Zika and how the CDC is responding to and increasing knowledge about Zika.
CDC has many fellowship and training opportunities for students and college graduates interested in a rewarding public health work experience. Check our site for more information, and browse our catalogue of diverse fellowship, internship, and learning programs.
Working at CDC
CDC Employment Resources
For Future Applicants:
I am CDC - Video Series
This is a series of videos designed to highlight the work of staff across CDC, informing potential job applicants of the scope of the agency's work, encompassing both administrative and scientific functions. View All Videos
- Atlanta 0601-General Health Science Jobs 6
- New York 0601-General Health Science Jobs 4
- Zimbabwe 0601-General Health Science Jobs 4
- New York 0685-Public Health Program Specialist Jobs 4
- Atlanta 0403-Microbiology Jobs 3
- Morgantown 0602-Medical Officer Jobs 2
- Zimbabwe 0602-Medical Officer Jobs 2
- Zimbabwe 0685-Public Health Program Specialist Jobs 2
- Washington 2210-Information Technology Management Jobs 2
- Atlanta 2210-Information Technology Management Jobs 2
- Washington 0602-Medical Officer Jobs 1
- Atlanta 1102-Contracting Jobs 1
- Bruceton 0801-General Engineering Jobs 1
- Atlanta 1109-Grants Management Jobs 1
- Cincinnati 0690 Jobs 1