On This Page
Mission Support Careers
CDC mission support occupations play an integral role in supporting CDC frontline positions. Whether the responsibilities are negotiating and procuring contracts or typing memorandums for the CDC director, each position is essential and contributes greatly toward the success of accomplishing agency goals and objectives. Incumbents serve in various roles such as financial and budget analysts, information technology specialists, secretaries, mechanical engineers, program operations assistants, program/management, policy analysts and writers/editors, just to name a few.
There are many other nonmedical, technical and administrative specialties under the mission support umbrella, which do not typically require any significant knowledge and/or experience in the medical or science health field.
You don't need to have experience in medicine or science to work at CDC. Positions are available for a variety of nonmedical, technical and administrative professionals at CDC.
- Lead Contract Specialist Date posted 04/08/2020
- Supervisory Information Technology Specialist DIRECT HIRE (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) Date posted 04/08/2020
- Lead Health Scientist Date posted 04/08/2020
- Computer Engineer Date posted 04/08/2020
- Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) Date posted 04/08/2020
- Health Scientist (Program Evaluation) Date posted 04/08/2020
Scientific research is in CDC's DNA.
Join our team and apply science to solve important health problems.
Love lab work?
Conduct critical science at CDC and help protect our nation against dangerous health threats.