Skip to main content
Search Jobs

Search Jobs

Health Scientist and Public Health

Public Health Training and Fellowships

Are you a scientist engaged in public health research, studies, training or investigations? You may qualify for a fellowship. Explore our programs below to find one that is right for you.

Service Fellowship for U.S. Citizens and Noncitizens

Fellowship programs covered by Title 42, Public Health Service Act are open to U.S. citizens and noncitizens. Contact the specific CDC organization for information about service fellowships

Senior Service Fellows

To qualify you’ll need a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent obtained from a recognized college or university and substantial postdoctoral experience in a scientific field related to CDC's mission.

Associate Service Fellows

To qualify you’ll need a master’s degree or foreign equivalent obtained from a recognized college or university and related postgraduate experience.

Regular Fellows

Regular Fellows are classified as trainees and do not require a Full-time equivalent (FTE). They are appointed to study physical and mental diseases and impairments of humankind, as well as learn about the organization, provision and financing of health services and information communication.

Download this PDF for more information on the provisions of the fellowship programs and the benefits for individuals appointed to the Service Fellowship Program.

If you are in college, have recently graduated, or are currently working in the public health arena, please visit the CDC public health training and fellowship website to learn more about opportunities at CDC.

Public Health Program Specialist Jobs
Lab Employee

Scientific research is in CDC's DNA.

Join our team and apply science to solve important health problems.

Lab Employee

Love lab work?

Conduct critical science at CDC and help protect our nation against dangerous health threats.